Travel to Kenya – Safaris in Magical Kenya
Straddling the Equator in East Africa, it is not hard to see why travellers are drawn to Kenya. World famous for its wildlife, wilderness and white sand tropical beaches, Kenya offers a true diversity of experiences. Over the years Kenya has become synonymous with safari in the great wilds of Africa, with numerous National Parks and Game Reserves providing endless opportunities for watching wildlife.
But Kenya offers far more than just game viewing and ‘Big Five Safaris’. With tremendous topographical diversity, including glaciated mountains with snow-capped peaks, the Rift Valley with its scarps and volcanoes, ancient granite hills, flat desert landscapes and coral reefs and islets, Kenya has something for everyone.
Whether it be hot-air ballooning over the Masai Mara, mountain biking, river rafting, trekking Mount Kenya, learning to dive, island sailing, snorkelling, participating in conservation or experiencing colourful Masai or Samburu tribal peoples, Kenya has it all. And with a wide choice of wonderful lodges and a great climate, holiday options in Kenya are almost endless.
- Watch a herd of elephants at sunrise from the comfortable veranda of a safari lodge.
- Take to the air aboard a hot air balloon and get a bird’s eye view of wildlife in the Masai Mara.
- Spend a few days chilling out on the exotic and off-beat Indian Ocean island of Lamu.
- Admire the beauty of the Rift Valley lakes of Nakuru, Baringo, Bogoria, Elementeita and Naivasha.
- Head out on foot and trek to the summit of Mount Kenya or follow trails in the lush Aberdares.
- Relax on the Indian Ocean coast, visit Mombasa and explore the warm waters of Kenya’s Marine National Parks.