Travel to Egypt – Amazing Land of the Pharaohs
Travellers to Egypt have gazed in awe at the Pyramids for millennia, but visitors over the last 100 years have discovered that Egypt has a staggering amount to discover beside, with a vast array of both cultural and natural sights waiting to be explored.
From the minarets and mosques of Islamic Cairo to the treasures, temples and tombs found along the Nile Valley the country is one vast open-air museum. Lovers of the desert can explore the remote oases of the Western Desert or discover the canyons and mountains of the stunning Sinai peninsula.
Below the waves of the Red Sea the teeming marine life and coral wows snorkellers and divers alike, whilst the waters of the Nile carry those on cruises or amazing felucca sail-treks to ancient capitals like Thebes and the bazaar city of Aswan, where Egypt meets Africa.
Egypt really does have it all.
- The Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple are the must-see sights for the first time visitor
- Get wet and wild in the Sinai with a diving or snorkeling trip followed by a jeep safari to the amazing canyons inland and a walk up Mt Sinai for sunrise.
- Shop in the bazaars in laid-back Aswan, exploring by felucca or camel and make a trip south to Ramses II’s temple at Abu Simbel.
- Explore the Western Desert oases towns on a 4WD safari heading south from the remote Berber town of Siwa.
- Explore the backstreets of Islamic Cairo where even a few hours’ walk will reveal traditional bazaars, stunning mosques and the Cairo of your imagination