Pacha’s Mahkma is a sumptuous villa built between 1948 and 1952 based on the design by the architect, Cadet. It no longer houses the Muslim court and reception lounges of the Pasha of Casablanca but its splendour remains intact.
More than sixty rooms decorated with carved cedar wood ceilings open onto galleries supported by stucco columns, with corridors edged in faience tiles, a remarkable tribute to the architectural style of Hispano-Moorish art. It is now the seat of a prefecture covering the Greater Casablanca area. Times change but beauty remains.