Bit el Mal
As an integral part of the governor’s palace Dar el-Makhzen, the Bit el Mal pavilion served as the treasury for many years. It was originally constructed in 1684, and saw several periods of redesign and renovation between then and 1889.
Today it is a pavilion with elegant lines, remarkable for its entirely sculpted cedar ceiling – but also for the contemporary treasure that is on show to the public: an impressive collection of giant chests, made of metal and studded wood. The oldest of these go back to the 18th century.