Travel to Lesotho – Mountain Kingdom of the Basotho People
Lesotho, surrounded by South Africa, is known worldwide as the ‘Kingdom in the Sky’ and it is little wonder why as it has the highest lowest point of any country in the world.
A great adventure holiday destination, Lesotho is adorned by mountains and valleys and is usually visited as part of a longer trip or self-drive holiday through South Africa.
Here you can see ancient rock paintings, hike breathtaking mountain trails, join a horse or pony trek or even ski by day before spending the night in a Basotho village to be greeted by people renowned for their hospitality and warm manner.
- Ride native Basotho ponies and stay in typical mountain village huts.
- Hike in the highlands through beautiful and dramatic mountainous scenery.
- Stay with the Basotho people, renowned for their hospitality and friendly disposition.
- Visit Sehlabathebe National Park, the country’s first protected area.
- Buy traditional and colourful handicrafts at local markets.