The Republic of Malawi is a landlocked country in southeast Africa that is bordered by Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique.
Malawi is known as the “Warm Heart of Africa” due to its friendly and welcoming people and it is also home to spectacular national parks, vibrant cities and the vast Lake Malawi.
The country’s capital is Lilongwe and here you can visit the state house, a nature sanctuary and a wildlife centre. However, the cities and towns of Mzuzu and Zomba amongst others are also worth a visit.
It is of course, Lake Malawi, that is the main attraction here though as well as the sheer abundance of birdlife in the country (over 600 species). Here you can enjoy boating and numerous water sports.
Malawi is one of Africa’s best kept secrets but with so much to offer visitors, it should be on every traveller’s itinerary.
5 Great Reasons to Experience Malawi
- Spot over 600 species of bird
- Shop in colourful markets in vibrant towns and cities
- Visit unspoilt landscapes in national parks such as Liwonde National Park
- Marvel at incredible views of the country from the Zomba Plateau
- Snorkel, swim and canoe in the vast waters of Lake Malawi