Travel to Swaziland – Southern Africa’s Swazi Kingdom
Primarily surrounded by South Africa, landlocked Swaziland is the smallest country in Africa. With its reputation for incredibly friendly locals combined with a laidback atmosphere and some rare wildlife it is an unusual alternative to the usual Africa tourism hotspots.
From tracking rare black rhinos to visiting Hlane Royal National Park or watching traditional dances and ceremonies, there is plenty to keep travellers occupied during a visit to this colourful Kingdom. Trekking, whitewater rafting and mountain biking are popular adventure holiday activities in Swaziland.
Of course a visit to Africa isn’t complete without stopping at a wildlife reserve and here in Swaziland there are several such as the Mkhaya Game Reserve where you can spot rhino, antelope and elephant amongst many others.
With several excellent casino-hotels, Swaziland also has a reputation as a short break destination for those in search of indoor entertainment.
- Visit wildlife reserves such as Hlane Royal National Park, Mkhaya Game Reserve, Malolotja Nature Reserve and Mlilwane Game Reserve.
- Experience cultural dances and ceremonies.
- Meet the colourful Swazi locals who are renowned for their friendliness.
- Spot African wildlife including rare black eagles and rhinos.
- Join in the fun at the annual Swazi cultural event, the Reed Dance.