Travel to Zimbabwe – Land of Wildlife & Waterfalls
Always regarded as one of Africa’s most beautiful countries, Zimbabwe has long been a popular destination for travellers to Southern Africa. And justifiably so – with a wealth of amazing natural wonders ranging from ‘the Smoke that Thunders’, Victoria Falls and the mighty waters of the Zambezi to the vast gamelands of Hwange National Park.
Despite the domestic events of recent years with land seizures and re-distribution making worldwide news headlines and a failing and turbulent economy, many travellers continue to enjoy the highlights of this struggling African nation. Travellers are welcome in Zimbabwe – particularly where the income generated goes DIRECTLY into the hands of the local people.
Knowledgeable local travel experts continue to operate tours and holidays to Zimbabwe. Ultimately, the decision whether to travel to Zimbabwe or not is down to you, the traveller. Do your research, check any Travel Advisories, and talk to the experts on the ground – then make your decision.
- Spend an active few days in Victoria Falls and view the world’s most spectacular natural wonder from land, bungy or air.
- Look for huge herds of buffalo and elephant wandering across the old Zambezi floodplain at Mana Pools National Park.
- Get paddling on a canoe safari and keep a close eye out for hippos on the Upper or Lower Zambezi.
- Immerse yourself in African history at the ruined city of Great Zimbabwe – the largest and most significant monument south of the Sahara.
- Enjoy close encounters with big cats in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife area.
- Tour the scenic Eastern Highlands with its alpine air, green tea estates, waterfalls and high peaks.