Travel to Benin – Rich in History, Culture and Natural Beauty
Benin is a country in West Africa. It borders Togo to the west, Nigeria to the east and Burkina Faso and Niger to the north. Although it is not the first country that springs to mind when planning a trip to West Africa, it is well worth a visit with its lively cities, beautiful national parks and fascinating culture.
Why not visit Pendjari National Park to spot wildlife such as elephants, monkeys, lions, hippopotamuses, buffalo and various antelopes and most prominently birds, or visit UNESCO listed palaces, energetic and colourful festivals or even beautiful beach resort towns such as Grand Popo.
With diverse attractions and scenery as well as a rich history, Benin is certainly a top West Africa destination.
- Explore the museums and palaces of the capital city; Porto-Novo.
- Attend festivals such as the National Voodoo Day celebrations.
- Visit the stilt village at Lake Ganvie.
- See the UNESCO listed royal palaces at Abomey.
- Spot wildlife at Pendjari National Park.
Top Destinations in Benin