Southern Burkina Faso
Travel to Southern Burkina Faso – Home to the Country’s Capital City
Southern Burkina Faso is bordered by Mali to the West, Niger to the East and Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo and Benin to the South. It is in Southern Burkina Faso that you will find the country’s capital city ; Ouagadougou. Here you will find attractions such as museums, urban parks and local craft markets.
However, also in Southern Burkina Faso are places such as Banfora ; one of the main tourist destinations in Burkina Faso which provides easy access to the Karfiguela Falls, the hippo-filled Lake of Tengrela and the Peaks of Sindou – a unique natural-rock formation, popular with climbers, and small towns such as Fada N’gourma and Koudougou.
- Explore the capital city; Ouagadougou.
- Visit small traditional towns and meet the friendly locals.
- See natural attractions such as Karfiguela Falls, the hippo-filled Lake of Tengrela and the Peaks of Sindou.
- Relax in beautiful urban parks.
- Shop for local products at colourful craft markets.